Keto chicken casserole
Keto and casseroles go hand in hand, especially when it comes to this irresistible chicken casserole that will make your entire family swoon. The cream sauce is hearty, cheesy, and loaded with yummy pesto. A Classic dish that you will enjoy time and time again!
Servings 6 Servings
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp green pesto
- ½ lemon juice
- 30 oz. chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 1 leek
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 7 oz. shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 380°F (195°C).
- Mix cream with pesto and lemon juice. add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper then fry in butter until they turn a nice golden brown.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish, and pour in the cream mixture.
- Chop the leek and cherry tomatoes. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Top chicken with leek, tomatoes and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle cheddar on top and bake in the middle of the oven for at least 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. If the casserole is at risk of burning before it's done, cover it with a piece of aluminium foil, lower the heat and let cook for a little longer. The top should be a nice golden colour.
If you intend to eat the casserole within 2-3 days you can store it in the fridge. Otherwise place the casserole in the freezer where it will last up to 3 months. Make sure your dish is suitable for freezing. Let it thaw in the refrigerator a day before you plan on serving it. Don’t place a cold baking dish straight from the fridge into a hot oven as this can cause your dish to crack. Reheat the casserole in the oven at 300°F (150°C) until hot. When thawing and reheating this casserole the result may be a bit more liquid but the flavor will still be good.